Originally founded as the Purchasing Agents Association, on October 17th, 1913; ISM—Chicago has served purchasing and supply management professionals in Chicago and Northwest Indiana, for well over 100 years.
ISM—Chicago is a not-for-profit professional education association, that offers certifications, programs, workshops and networking opportunities specifically geared toward the ever-changing environment of procurement, materials and supply management. ISM—Chicago is the Chicago chapter of the Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®), which through its network of over 50,000 professionals and 70 chapters worldwide, offers its members the latest in professional development opportunities, literature and material references and benchmarking studies.
Join ISM—Chicago, Inc.
Membership in ISM—Chicago delivers important benefits to procurement and supply professionals through innovative and targeted training and education, along with networking and career services.
As a condition of membership, business may not be solicited to ISM—Chicago members.
- Support for those seeking the CPSM® and/or CPSD™ professional certifications.
- Monthly dinner meetings held September through November, and February through May, featuring experienced and revelant guest speakers.
- Professional enrichment that benefits you, your employer, and the general business community.
- Networking events with colleagues.
- Job and personal growth improvement with education by seminars, networking, and other training opportunities.
- Webinars on current innovation, insights, and technology within the profession.
- Participate in our monthly midwest economic report - Chicago Business Barometer™.
- And more!